The Development Director-Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) representing the office of the British High Commissioner, representatives from Sweden and Ireland paid a courtesy call on the Minister of Community Development and Social Services. During the meeting, an overview of the UKs support and interests in Social Protection were shared.
Other salient issues discussed were;
- the Ministry’s priorities in 2021;
- Zambia’s financial changes over the past year;
- Growing poverty in Zambia and policy priorities over the next year;
- the 8th National Development Plan and National Social Protection Policy;
- and the financial implications of debt on Social Protection Sector and financing of Social Protection in the future.