Name: Patrick H. Choolwe
Department: Planning and Information
The Department of Planning and Information is responsible for coordinating, planning and budgeting of information and projects in order to ensure their effective implementation. It constitutes of 6 Units:
(a) Policy Coordination
- Parliamentary and Cabinet Liaison
- Policy Formulation
- Formulation of Legislation
- Gender Mainstreaming
(b) Budgeting and Planning
- Preparation of Ministerial Annual Workplans and Budgets
- Coordination of on-going and new infrastructure development.
(c) Development Co-operation
- Facilitates the enhancement of coordination within the Ministry and with external partners e.g UNJP-SP
- Facilitates collaborations between the Ministry and any other stakeholders through agreements and MOUs during Joint Permanent Commissions.
(d) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Coordinates the development of cluster plans and advisory group meetings
- Management of the production of quarterly, annual, economic and other reports
- Coordinates the periodical monitoring and evaluation of Ministerial programmes and projects
- Also looking into the aspect of developing integrated tools to be used for monitoring the integration of Ministerial programmes in line with the Integrated Framework of Basic Social Protection Programmes
- The unit is also responsible for holding the Social Protection Joint Annual Review (JAR).
- The Department through this Unit coordinates the Poverty and Vulnerability – Cluster Advisory Group under the 7NDP and is the secretariat for progress reporting with Office of the Vice President.
(e) Education Communication and Information (IEC)
- Communication Strategies
- Social Development Promotion
- Inter/Intra Sectoral Linkages and Partners
- Media and Publications
- Capacity Building.
(f) Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Database Design
- Database Management
- Data Storage and Security
- Capacity Building
- Hardware Maintenance